In a surprising twist of events, Halloween 2020 ended up happening six years early.
Apparently if you have an open day and a whole lot of friends whose plans are cancelled last minute, you can throw an adorable ALMOST Pinterest-esque Halloween party. No, there weren’t donuts hanging from trees or apple bobbing, but there was Catch Phrase, spiked cider and squash so I’d say it was a success.
I started off the day in pure pumpkin bliss: pumpkin pancakes (my favorite Kodiak cakes + pure canned pumpkin + spices) and coffee filled to the brim with Bailey’s pumpkin spice creamer.
Once I heard that people were going to come over after all, I got to the prep. We ended up with quite the feast, thanks to some easy recipes and family brainstorming.
The final spread:
- Shrimp cocktail
- Tortilla chips and homemade guacamole
- Clementine Jack-o-Lanterns
- Greek yogurt Spinach dip and pita crisps
- Candy corn and peanuts
- Spiked cider
- Dirt cups (vanilla pudding + orange food coloring and crumbled oreos)
- Delicata squash roasted with coconut oil, stevia and cinnamon
We spent the night listening to the monster mash, handing out candy to a dozen characters from Frozen, playing Catch Phrase, and watching “Zodiac.” It was everything I imagined my Halloween 2020 party to be and more.
And just when I thought the weekend couldn’t get any better, I totally kicked butt in the breakfast department on Saturday. I was running early for work so I decided to take myself on a little date to my favorite bagel shop downtown, NYC Bagel Deli. This place rocks my world. I had an everything bagel with two eggs, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and green peppers.
Please let there be bagel sandwiches in heaven.
- How did you spend your Halloween?
- What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
- Have you ever played board games at a party? What’s your favorite?