Running is finally getting easier!!! I can bust out 4-5 miles like it’s nothing. I mean it’s something but hey I don’t have to bring my rescue inhaler with me anymore #winning
There’s a mouse in my house.
I’ve seen it twice – and only screamed like there was a psycho killer in my house the first time. The second time I gave him the head nod and went about my business. Thank god I have cats (is that evil?)
It’s officially leggings as pants season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suck it, haters!
I hate that expensive candles are the only ones that really smell. I spent $25 on a candle from Bath and Body works and it makes my whole house smell like a pumpkin patch within minutes. Being the fiscal conservative that I am I did NOT want to fork over that kind of cash again, so I went with a small autumn candle from Kohl’s. Well it’s been lit for five hours now and it’s just now starting to work its magic. I am not pleased. I guess another trip to The Works is in order sooner rather than later.
Chocolate chips have become my new go-to dessert. They’re cheap, easy, and delicious, just how I like my men.
Hopefully that GIF didn’t give you epilepsy. If so don’t bother suing I have no money. But I can ship you some chocolate chips overnight?
There are some serious words of wisdom floating around the internet this week. I’m feeling so inspired.
- Life is all about perspective – change your perspective, change your world.
- Be present – wherever you are, be all there. It doesn’t matter if you’re watching TV on a Wednesday night with your friends or at a dinner party – just BE there.
- Take things at your own pace – there’s no rule book for anything. Quit trying to figure out what you “should” do.
- Eat breakfast. Because there’s literally nothing better than breakfast.
I have the best banana bread recipe that I would love to share with you but seriously how many more “amazing” banana bread recipes do we HLBs need? (but for real my recipe has millet and slivered almonds in it so that makes it different and unique and special right right right?!)
Reading all of your marathon recaps from this past weekend finally convinced me to take the plunge and train for Chicago next year! I loved reading all about the emotional rollercoaster that is marathon training and, call me crazy, but I want all of it. All the ice baths, all the post-run stretching, all the carb-loading and the early Friday nights. It’s gonna be a parrrrrrty!
And last but not least, prenatal vitamins.
Have any of you taken these when you’re not pregnant? Yay or nay? Some women at work have touted it as a good supplement for my hair loss, brittle nails and general lack of energy lately. But then of course the internet says I’m going to die. So please give me your two cents.
- What’s your favorite dessert lately?
- Ever heard of women taking prenatal vitamins without being pregnant?
- Do you really think quality of life is a matter of perspective?