I was trying to think of a long-winded intro for this recipe but it’s just too simple. I figured I owed you all ONE fall recipe that was apple-themed instead of continuing my minor squash-obsession. So if you have an extra hour of prep time on your hands (coring, peeling and chopping apples isn’t an easy task) or just really need to take out some stress on food, then dedicate some time to this. Because you know what they say – all good things take time. Except microwave popcorn. And 4G LTE.
- 24-30 cored/peeled/chopped apples – variety of Macintosh, Jonathan, and Golden Delicious
- 1 cup of Trader Joe’s Honey Crisp apple cider
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used 4 packets of stevia instead)
- 1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in your crockpot on low for eight hours.
PS apple is one of those words that, when you write it enough times, you take a step back and think, “What IS that word?” Weird word.
- Do you ever use your crockpot to make sweet recipes? I hadn’t before this!
- Do you like your applesauce plain or with cinnamon/sugar, or another combo?