Well, it’s halfway through the month! I’m slowly but surely working on my personal goal to run 100 miles this month, and have even recruited some unexpected suckers to join me (how’s it coming for you, Salt?)
So with 50% down and 50% to go, where am I?
“Oy vey, Lauren, you’re 10 miles behind!”
Fear not, doubters! I started out only being able to run 4-5 miles at a time comfortably, and now I’m at 7-8 each run. So the miles will keep chipping away even faster now. Plus, I was only able to run 10 my first week thanks to a new medication kicking the crap out of me, so I’m building momentum each day. For someone who probably ran 40 miles from the months of December-February, this is big stuff. I have no doubt that I’ll be able to hit it!
So, what have I learned so far?
- Sometimes you don’t want to run. Run anyway. You’ll be happier for it.
- A bag of mixed vegetables is better than any store-bought ice pack.
- Hot power yoga is my best friend.
- My ears sweat.
- When I run, I crave ice cream. Gotta work on that..
- I am blessed to live in such a vibrant running city.
How are you doing on your March goals?