Why the double salad, you ask? Because I was worried that people would read the title and expect your typical caprese salad, made up primarily of huge chunks of mozzarella on top of sliced tomato and slathered in balsamic. This is not that salad – but it is so much more.
The foundation is arugula, which, up until this point I hadn’t seen a need for. But I can’t stress enough how important arugula is to keep the integrity of this salad. It has a bite, taking this green meal to the next level when combined with the flavors of balsamic glaze, herbs, fresh mozzarella and tomato. It’s everything you’d ever want in a summer salad and more. Plus you just need to make one shopping trip to Trader Joe’s – they have all the ingredients and make it super simple to throw together. Caprese Salad Salad
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 package arugula (mine was 7 oz)
- 1 package Trader Joe’s mozzarella balls packed in olive oil and herbs
- 1 bottle Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze
- Combine all ingredients except the glaze and oil from the mozzarella. After your salad is assembled, whisk equal parts oil from the mozzarella container and balsamic glaze and drizzle over the salad.
It’s as simple as that – Enjoy!
- Do you like arugula?
- What’s your favorite product from Trader Joe’s?