Happy Friday from my homegirl KP! Who’s ready to celebrate? I’m going to my group of friends’ annual Friendsgiving dinner so I couldn’t be happier!
Thanks to Kaylin for tagging me in this questionnaire! It’s been floating around the blog world for awhile now and I’ve loved reading everyone’s responses. Now it’s my turn – and I’m excited for the opportunity for you to get to know me a little better.
Four Names That People Call Me (Other Than My Real Name):
- Lo – Not sure where this came from but multiple people call me that now. I love it, actually!
- Lela – My best friend Kaitlin’s name for me growing up.
- Pumpkin Head – my Dad called me this growing up. I always thought it was a “cute” nickname but in actuality it was all about my giaaaant dome. Thanks, dad.
- Leehock – people in high school called me that. Not a lot of nicknames have come my way in life haha I guess Lauren just fits me too perfectly
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
- Writing/production intern for “The McLaughlin Group”
- PR intern
And now I’m currently an educator at lululemon and in January (fingers crossed) I’ll be a NASM certified personal trainer!
Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once:
- National Treasure (1 and 2)
- The Patriot
- Horrible Bosses (Jason Bateman is the best)
- White Christmas (it’s that time of year!)
Four Books I’d Recommend:
- Gone Girl
- 50 Shades of Grey (because, I mean, come on)
- Life of Pi
- Bossypants (Tina Fey for the win)
Four Places I’ve Lived:
- Madison, WI
- Washington D.C.
- Paris, France
- Champaign, IL (#college)
I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and in two weeks will finally have my own place in the city! So let’s add Chicago to that list, shall we?
Four Places I Have Been:
- Spearfish Canyon and Sioux Falls, SD (it’s BEAUTIFUL there)
- Captiva Island, FL
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:
- Washington D.C.
- Scottsdale, AZ (my friend Jordan just moved there and I miss her like crazy)
Four Things I Don’t Eat:
- Red meat
- Dairy milk (unless it’s my only option or it’s an ingredient in a dish – but otherwise I don’t drink it)
- Beets (NEVER)
- Sour Cream
Four Of My Favorite Foods:
- Seafood (tuna melts, fish tacos, GET AT ME)
- Nuts (I almost always carry a bag of nuts around in my purse. This also includes pb)
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Spinach Dip
- Carrot Cake
- wait was I supposed to stop at four?
Four TV Shows That I Watch (or have watched):
- Arrested Development
- Modern Family (one of my all-time favorites)
Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year:
- Getting my NASM certification and finding a job in the fitness world
- Traveling to Scottsdale to see Jordan (as long as the ol’ wallet allows it)
- Baking perfect French macarons. What can I say I set my sights high.
- Training for the Chicago Marathon
Four Things I’m Saying:
- “Wait let me get a picture of that”
- “Thank you” (I say thank you for eeeeeeverything)
- “Sorry” (ever seen this video? Totally me. See what I did there?)
Four People I’m Tagging To Do This Next: